What's Happening‎ > ‎

The Mary Moore Foundation

posted Jul 18, 2014, 9:04 AM by First Congregational Church United Church of Christ   [ updated Jul 18, 2014, 9:11 AM ]
The Mary Moore Foundation
was established in 1951 by Mary Anne Moore (1877-1960).  She was the daughter of Charles Freeman Moore (1842-1912) and Harriet Rice Moore (1837-1926) and had 3 siblings, Fred W., Rueben and Harriet.  Mary, who never married, was very active all of her life in First Congregational Church.  The large window on the east wall of the church had fallen into disrepair, so when her family wished to memorialize “Aunt Mary”, they decided to replace it in her honor.  The Max Ingrand Studio of Paris, France, stained glass craftsmen for six generations designed the window known as “The Mary Moore Window” and it was installed in 1962.
Comments